On October 2, 2023, the Administrative Court approved a settlement agreement between the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Armenia and the owners of “AOKS” LLC.
The ownership rights to the building with an area of 526.9 sq. m. and a land plot with an area of 0.0467 hec., located at 3 Abovyan Street, were returned to the Republic of Armenia.
The ground for filing a claim was the fact that, according to the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Armenian SSR dated November 24, 1955, property, including the building at 3 Abovyan Street, was transferred to the Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries of “AOKS” LLC. On July 30, 1992, the organization “Armenian Society for Cultural Relations and Cooperation with Foreign Countries” was established, which, without legal grounds, claimed to be the successor to the Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries and obtained a property rights registration certificate for the building of “AOKS” LLC.
In light of the abovementioned, the Prosecutor General's Office, filed a claim with the Administrative Court to recognize the ownership right of “AOKS” LLC, issued by the Cadastre Committee on November 25, 2011, invalid.
The Main Investigative Directorate of the National Security Service (NSS) continues the preliminary investigation of the criminal case concerning the illegal privatization of the immovable monument of history and culture, belonging to the Republic of Armenia.